Friday, July 16, 2010

Pretty plates


all in a row...how long has it been since the kitchen was painted?  And they weren't all hung before the paint job! And they were going backwards so they all had to be moved each time a new one joined the party, probably why 8 (gasp) hadn't been hung! This time I decided to run them from the doorway to the living room along the wall into the kitchen and the math is all figured out for the next one in September.  I get one each year for our anniversary.  I read on someone's blog a while back that Royal Copenhagen Christmas plates were so banal, that everyones' grandmothers used to have them.  Well guess what?  I had wanted to collect them for many years and now I do...so there! Just another one of my dreams that Bob made come true.

Later,
Janet

PS. Please note how clean the light fixture is as well ;)

8 comments:

  1. Love them! Hey Janet I have a question that house in your header---Is that your home? It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the light fixture! Oh - and your plates, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine that hallway without them! Talk about enriching a space . . .and I too LOVE that light fixture - I've never seen another like it . . .I don't suppose you'd share where you purchased it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen,
    Actually I purchased that light fixture maybe 5 or 6 or maybe even 7 years ago at either Home Depot or Lowes. Very inexpensive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have taken that light fixture for an antique:) Well done you! I found a bronze toad lamp at Lowes a couple years back (sounds odd, I know) but it is real rich looking and I didn't pay much for it either. He lives in my pantry/laundry room and everybody comments on him:)

    Thanks for the info Janet. LOVE your blog by the way . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a set of the same plates. They hold special memories as my Grandmother gave me one every year for Christmas beginning the year I was born until the year that she died. You have the perfect place to display your collection. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. soo pretty & the fixture is gorgeously clean!:) chris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank goodness for our 'Bobs', what would we do without them? Well we could go housepeeping together, ha! ha!

    Plates look gorgeous and I love your new bright shiny paint Janet - looks so different from last year when I visited.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave me a comment if you have enjoyed my blog. I look forward to "chatting" with you.

Thanks,
Janet